I went with the MOD-T version because I have a Lack V2 enclosure and I thought this may be the best way to load the filament from the holes in the back of my enclosure.
The biggest frustration I had with the whole experience was not anything to do with the instructions or parts, but my own *slap my head* moments. I failed printing a couple of the larger parts and that was my fault. One issue was I had a loose wire on my board so half way thru the print my printer reset. After trouble shooting that it was smooth sailing for printing.
I had all the hardware on hand that was needed so I assembled and attached it to my printer. This gave me a chance to clean out all the dust and perform some routine maintenance on my printer.
After assembling and attaching to my printer I proceeded to put it in my Lack V2 Enclosure. IT FITS! Well you have to shift it to the right just a bit to clear the prop stand that hold the lid up. After carefully checking clearances I cut the prop stand by 6 cm and now the RMU MK3 fits just fine.
Ok, all honesty here I actually put the printer in, moved it over to the center by habit, and then went about putting in the PTFE tubes. Not thinking I promptly closed the lid, breaking off the 6 cm of prop rod when it struck the RMU in the process. “Happy Little accident” and now it fits centered in the Lack V2. (The RMU was undamaged)
Currently I have a 4 color print started, and it is on the first color so it hasn’t had its first filament change yet, but soon. Just by the looks of it I think it will work just fine.
1) If you have it in the Lack V2, be careful opening the RMU MK3. I opened it and because the back is enclosed, the PTFE tubes going to the MMU2s kinked. This can be avoided by gently opening the RMU MK3 and pushing the PTFE tubes down. I don’t think I would have this issue if it was in the open air.
2) Lack V2 Prop rod should be shortened by 6 cm, that way your RMU MK3 will fit with the printer centered in the enclosure. (If you want it centered, if not just scooch it over enough to clear the closing rod.
3) Cost, some people complain about the RMU MK3 being too expensive, and not open source. My thought on that is a lot of work seems to have gone into making this. People charge for STLs all the time and people have the right to charge for a product. If you think it is to expensive than look at some of the open source products. This product fit the bill for exactly what I wanted/needed for my MK3s and MMU2s so I purchased the STL and supported the designer. Please don’t post negative comments about price, of course you can disagree but please be polite.
4) As a final thought I would like to thank Alan and the crew for creating exactly what I needed. Keep up the great work, be safe, and congratulations on the launch of your product.
5) While writing this, my printer did a filament change with no issue and is happily printing the 2nd color now. Now just to wait and see how well it performs.